AREOLA TATTOO AFTERCARE: PRE & POST-CARE
AREOLA TATTOO AFTERCARE: PRE-CARE
Always consult your physician before booking an Areola Tattoo.
- Limit to 1 caffeinated drink on the day of your appointment.
- Avoid taking alcohol 48 hours prior.
- Avoid taking any blood thinning medication like ibuprofen, naproxen, Vitamin E, fish oil or aspirin 1 month before the procedure, with your physician’s consent.
AREOLA TATTOO AFTERCARE: DURING THE PROCEDURE
The nipple area will be outlined and measured before commencing. Colour selection will be decided and approved by both client and clinician. A Tattooing device is used to delicately embed the pigment beneath the skin, creating a natural and beautiful nipple and areola. The area is then cleaned thereafter with aftercare instructions and cream provided.
AREOLA TATTOO AFTERCARE: POST-CARE
The area will start to feel dry and tight as it begins to heal. Keep in mind to keep the Areola Tattoo moist and covered for at least a week (3-4 days) after the procedure, protecting it to keep the pigment and fluids from oozing out.
- Wear loose clothing if you are prone to sensitivity in the area.
- Apply a thin coat of healing lotion onto the pad and apply to the tattooed area commencing day 3 and do this for 14 days.
- Do not sleep on your stomach to protect the area.
- You may experience some itching but do not scratch it as it can cause imperfections to the Areola Tattoo which could impact the pigment retention.
- Avoid swimming or sunbathing for 2 weeks.
*You will be provided a paper copy further for additional information regarding your Areola Tattooing before and after care as well as medical covers for your Areola Tattoo and specific healing balm.
For more information on areola tattoo aftercare, you may consult us directly.