EYELINER TATTOO AFTERCARE: PRE AND POST-CARE
EYELINER TATTOO AFTERCARE: PRE-CARE
- Discontinue using eyelash serums 1 month prior. Lash serums thicken the skin and may need extra sessions if not acknowledged.
- Avoid lash tinting 1 week prior if you have sensitive skin.
- Avoid perming lashes 2 weeks prior.
- Eyelash extensions, if any, must be removed 1 week prior. If not removed the session will be cancelled on the day with the loss of the deposit.
- Avoid taking blood thinning vitamins, minerals, and supplements 4 weeks prior. If unsure please get in touch.
- Avoid drinking alcohol 72 hours prior.
- NO caffeine on the day prior.
- Ensure that your skin is free of all irritations including blemishes, eczema, and psoriasis.
- On the day of the procedure, do not workout OR do ‘any’ exercise.
- On the day of the procedure, do not wear mascara or any makeup as the makeup remover can irritate the skin prior to tattooing.
- On the day of the procedure, if you’re wearing contact lenses, please remove them prior.
- Failing to adhere to these pre care instructions may result in your appointment being cancelled on the day due to safety concerns with a loss of the deposit or pre paid session.
EYELINER TATTOO AFTERCARE: POST-CARE
EYELINER TATTOO AFTERCARE:
Eyeliner tattooing is so gentle and incurs minor irritation. However some clients may be slightly swollen or bruised in a very small number of cases. Additionally some may experience slight lymph discharge (water like yellowish discharge), minor irritation if any in many cases. The eye area can be washed with cool or warm water but no cleansers or soaps with a light patting motion. Most clients look amazing with no inflammation when leaving their tattooing session.
Slight crusting may occur after 7 days whilst healing and can be washed gently in a patting motion with a cotton pad with cool or warm water. In some cases the colour goes faint between 7-21 days and can look patchy. Week 3 will show the liner starting to become darker and reach its full healing, colour saturation, depth and darkness between 4-6 weeks. Please don’t expect your liner to be healed prior.
IMPORTANT AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR 14 DAYS POST TREATMENT.
- Do not apply any other creams or lotions after the treatment for 14 days.
- Do not swim in chlorine or sea water for 14 days or get sunburnt on the area.
- Do not do gardening and have soil dust blow into your eyes for 14 days.
- Clean hands and clean cotton pads and tips can only make contact with your fresh tattoo.
- Eyes can be gently rinsed in the shower with no cleansers etc making contact on the liner tattoo, after pat dry with a cotton pad and NEVER wipe.
- Do not rub or wipe your eyes with a cotton towel only cotton pads are permitted in a patting dry motion.
- If you contaminate your eyeliner tattoo and develop an infection go straight to a doctor.
- No contact lenses are to be worn on the day of your appointment.
- No eye makeup is to be applied for 14 days.
- No false lashes are to be applied for 1 month after and a review must take place before lashes can be reinstated.
- No eyelash tinting for 1 month post tattooing.
- If whilst healing your liner feels itchy you can place a cotton pad over the top and pat it with clean fingers.
- Keep eye area clean and absolutely NO RUBBING OR PICKING. Simply just pat with water on a cotton pad 2 – 3 times per day.
- After 48 hours exercise can be resumed, for example gym etc.