AFTERCARE POWDER BROWS: PRE & POST-CARE
POWDER BROWS: PRE-CARE
- Avoid drinking alcohol 48 hours prior.
- On the day of your procedure NO caffeine prior and NO exercise.
- Avoid exposure to the sun and tanning treatments 2 week prior.
- Avoid any treatment/procedure done on the brows, ie. tweezing, waxing, etc., 1 week prior.
- Avoid taking blood thinning vitamins, minerals, and supplements 2 weeks prior, if unsure please get in touch.
- Avoid using retinol products on the brow area 2 weeks prior.
- Avoid using AHA products on your brows 2 weeks prior.
- Avoid facials (including microdermabrasion, chemical, laser peels, etc.) 4 weeks prior.
**PLEASE UNDERSTAND FAILING TO ADHERE TO THESE PRE CARE RULES MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPOINTMENT BEING CANCELLED AND THE LOSS OF A DEPOSIT PAID OR A PRE PAID TOUCH UP SESSION.
AFTERCARE POWDER BROWS: POST-CARE
AFTERCARE POWDER BROWS: POST PROCEDURE
Please read the following post procedure instructions & information listed below.
Good news ladies you can get your brows wet in the shower and continue working out with this style of Brow Tattooing!
AFTERCARE POWDER BROWS: IMPORTANT
- Your aftercare cream is Bepanthen Nappy Rash Cream, this will be provided.
- Avoid swimming in treated chlorine water or sea water and saunas for 14 days following treatment.
- Do NOT wear makeup over the brow for 14 days following treatments as this may affect tattoo pigment holding.
- Do NOT apply cleanser/facial products including creams or shampoo near the area for 14 days. Be mindful at night to not apply cream onto the forehead as it can transfer whilst sleeping onto your pillow.
- After 48 hours you can wash your hair with your head tilted back. For extra safety apply a layer of aftercare cream prior to washing to protect the brows.
- Only use the aftercare cream provided or recommended by your therapist. Apply a thin smear on a clean fingertip morning and night for 14 days after cleaning the brows with water and a cotton pad.
- Do NOT wipe your brows – patting motion only.
- Do not dry your brows with a towel after showering. Cotton pads only.
- After 24 hours exercise is permitted such as for example going to an indoor air conditioned gym or walking at night out of the sun.
- After activity please dab and re wash your brows with clean hands using a cotton pad to clean. To clean: dab water, then dry with patting a cotton pad then lastly apply the after care cream.
- Do not have laser or facial treatments near the brows until the cosmetic tattoo site has finished healing. To hold pigment, keep Vitamin A creams and cleanser along with any acid based creams away from brows for 1 month.
- Colours will appear slightly darker and then soften after 14 days. During the 14 days many colour and texture changes occur including scabbing.
- An emoji chart will be provided for further info and clear guidance so there’s no reason for worrying. No judgements on the outcome can be made during this time and it is not customary to frequently get in contact during this time. Tattooing requires a period of healing. Patience is key !
- Never touch the area with unwashed fingers and also NEVER pick any dry areas of colour whilst healing in the first 2 weeks.
- IF YOU PICK A SCAB YOU WILL RUIN YOUR BROWS, this is the main cause for problems with healing. Extra sessions will be required at an extra cost. If you do it once you’ll never do it again – not even a little bit. It’s a hard and costly way to learn so avoiding this is the best course of action. When you’re in the stage the dry flakes are almost ready to fall off put cream on to secure the slower bits healing back onto the skin.
- Please re-book for perfection visit in 4-6 weeks’ time after the initial session on the day of your appointment unless told to wait.